Friday, May 13, 2011

Sew Cyuuuuuute!

I just joined a quilting club. We meet once a month on Mondays to create some fabric magic. The cool thing about this group is that in exchange for learning this amazing art form from these talented and patient ladies, we donate every blanket we make to hospitals and charitable organizations! Everybody wins!

Since the average age of the group members is 68, I am like a darling granddaughter to all of them! I love it! It reminds me of when I used to go with my grandmother to her weekly hair appointment. All of the ladies giving me candy, hugs, and endless attention, it fills that place in me that so misses my grandmas. I am so happy I took the risk and went.

Another risk I took. I bought this little mechanical joy! It's a Hello Kitty Sewing Machine by Janome. Yes, I am really getting into this 8-year-old little girl feeling! Seriously, I did endless hours of internet research and this is a great beginner's machine. It's strong enough for quilting and will make me smile when I sew. I am vey intimidated by sewing machines, as I nearly failed Costuming 101 in College after breaking two machines. (I had to do hours of wardrobe crew on the plays to make up for my complete lack of sewing skills). This machine will allow me to be a beginner. I am ecstatic and inspired to make blankets and bring warmth to the world!





Once I assemble my first quilt, I will most certainly put it up on this blog. Until then, wish me luck.



3 comments:

  1. oh for cuteness sakes! can't wait to see the first quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janome is a quality brand! Way to go on joining a quilt club! You'll have so much fun, Jen. I love to sew! I made "big brother" scrap quilts for the boys when they each became a big brother. Todd's mom helps me learn a lot, she's a brilliant quilter. Welcome to the sewing club! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jacquie,

    I may come to you with questions soon.
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete